Saturday, May 29, 2010

Issues with Housing

Okay. So. Let me tell you about my housing woes this year.

It started from the very beginning; the living situation with my current 3 roommates has been rocky the entire time. We're all very different and there's just tension all the time even though we love each other.

Then I thought I had the perfect plan to move in with one of my SAI sisters and we found a place and everything was good... except my parents wouldn't let me sign a lease until I got my final grades. I told my sister she could find another roommate if it was too stressful for her, and she did... but she didn't tell me until she had already found the roommate and had everything planned. She also told me THE DAY my parents said I could sign the lease. So, needless to say, I was stressed.

So then I was going to move in with one of my current roommates (the one I like the best and we actually get along really well. It was the THREE of us together that equaled a bad combo) and her best friend. We were looking at places and then my parents freaked out on me about moving too far from campus and how I couldn't do this.

So then I found two MORE roommates. The only difficulty is that one of them is graduating in December so she wouldn't need to live here in the Spring. It's been difficult finding places with half year leases or that would let us move from a three bedroom to a two bedroom, but TODAY we found the perfect place. Location, price, everything was fantastic... And then the roommate who ISN'T graduating in the spring was told by her father that he won't pay her rent unless she lives alone. So me and my half-year roommate are stuck trying to find another roommate or figure things out...

This wouldn't be AS BIG of a problem if I didn't need to find a place to live RIGHT NOW since I'm leaving for camp on Friday and I won't be back until August. Yeah, tell me about pressure.

I'm so fucking annoyed and frustrated!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment