Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LAME day.

So today started out kinda "meh," I was exhausted and REALLY wanted to sleep in... but I generally feel guilty when I do that so I got myself up and made it to Theory at 9 am. I'm pretty sure I bombed the skills test, the EASIEST skills test, cause I definitely blanked on relative minor key signatures... but I've got the rest of the semester to make it up so I'm not too worried. Just bummed out. But after Theory I had IDS where we did an activity where we drew a music classroom and discussed what our view of the classroom meant about us as a teacher. It was really cool. Then was piano, which every day I feel like I was a moron for not doing well in last semester. It's from missing so many days and being a total emotional wreck last semester, but still. Then choir was... choir. Not my favorite day cause we got a bunch of new music and it's weird, so learning it is... weird. I'm sure I'll learn to like the pieces but I need to feel comfortable with them.

Then comes the LAMEST part of my day. I called work to get my schedule or when I first was supposed to go in this week... to be told it was TODAY at 4:00 pm. I was like "um, excuse me?" because the person who creates the schedules KNOWS that I am in school until 4:00 pm!!! But because I called only a few hours before I was scheduled to go in, they couldn't find someone else to replace me, so I had to miss my History class. I was upset, even though I came to find that the schedule person didn't do it on purpose... but still. I wish they had LOOKED at my schedule to see I obviously couldn't come in. Anyway, I got off early and was able to eat dinner and practice some of my repertoire before taking a hot bath. :)

Anyway... that was my day. I'm excited that tomorrow is my short day, just voice lessons at 9:30 and seminar at 11:00, followed by lunch with Robert (my new personal fitness guru). I also have an SAI Executive Board meeting and then work, but I am making it my goal to make tomorrow a good day after today's... not as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment