Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not Sleeping...

Ever have those nights where your mind just won't shut down? You just keep thinking about everything and anything, so you never relax into slumber. That's my night at the moment. I'm waking up in less than 6 hours and have a voice lesson, which will now suck, but I can't help it.

The scariest thought I had while attempting sleep was the universe. It's so HUGE, it's frightening to think about. It's hard to imagine something with no end... but doesn't there HAVE to be an end somewhere? And what is "the end" as far as the universe is concerned? And if there's an end, does something else begin? I get dizzy thinking about it... it's terrifying to think about how small and insignificant we are when compared to something so large.

What else... well I am preparing a new French piece which I'm actually fairly excited about. It is "Notre Amour" by Fuare, look it up; it's beautiful. My teacher says it is the song that made her fall in love with French and I already understand why. But French is a pain in the ass to learn, let me tell you, but beautiful nonetheless.

Besides that... the other night we had one of our SAI (Sigma Alpha Iota- women's music fraternity, yes fraternity) rush events, and afterwards 5 of my sister's just hung out with me and we were up till 2:00 am just talking... we laughed and cried multiple times. It was a great thing. It reaffirmed my belief that SAI is one of the best things I've done in college so far. My sister's will always be there for me, even if I still find it hard to verbally express myself when I'm upset. I know if I ever need them, they will come to me when I need them. That's not to say others reading this wouldn't... but my sister's are just on a whole other level.

Daughters of a great and singing nation.
Friends by fate, Sisters by choice.
SAI for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment