Sunday, January 17, 2010

A LOT of Random

So I really meant to keep up with this whole blog thing. But failed last year, so here I am in 2010 trying again. :)

I guess I'll start with... the other day I was hit with how much I STILL miss Jojo. As in, my cat. He had to be put to sleep in the summer of 2007 because he had an infection that was pretty much killing him, and it was cruel to keep him alive with drugs while his organs failed and whatnot. It was really tough for me because I couldn't be there when it happened. I was at summer camp as an Avodah (counselor-in-training type) and my mom didn't think it was good for me to come home for this event, but I was still really upset. Jojo was seriously MY cat, MY baby, and it might sound silly... but I felt like he thought I abandoned him. He was in the cat hospital when I left and I never saw him again. I mean, sure he's just a cat but who says they don't have feelings? They don't have similar thought processes? I still get choked up to this day (I'm totally crying even now) as I think about this event again, and it's trivial and everything... but it left me heartbroken. To this day, I haven't asked my parents what they did with the remains. They've never been sentimental about that stuff, animal remains and whatnot, and I didn't want to like... cremate him and keep him in an urn like some people... but idk. Closure or something? But I feel like after so long my parents will think it weird, or try to take a crack at what mental issues I have if THIS is what upsets me.

...So to a topic that doesn't make me cry, maybe? Well, I'm going to bring up Good Charlotte. Yes, for real. In middle school I went through my awkward I thought I could be so hardcore to hide the fact that I was just... awkward phase. Well I discovered GC and genuinely liked their music. I still genuinely like their music (except like KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY GIRL... which whether cuz it's just not that good or it's written about Hilary Duff? No idea, but it doesn't matter) and sometimes I can't even tell you WHY I like their music so much... I just really do. It makes me feel better when I'm not in a good mood (like I'm listening to it now after that Jojo talk) and I relate it to my best concert experiences and... whatever. I like my GC and I can't wait for a new album and a new tour.

Let's have some girl talk for a moment. :) So I might be having a little luck on the boy front for the first time like... ever. I've had a little crush on this guy here at UTSA for about a year and we've been sorta getting closer since last semester, especially over Winter Break... and according to reliable sources, he probably likes me. :) I'm excited and a little giddy, but I'm moving slow and whatnot. I'm going to enjoy it for however long it lasts! :)

So... that's all for now. I want to keep up with this now, so hopefully you'll hear (read?) more from me soon.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so excited that you'll be blogging more now!

    I'm sorry about Jojo, I remember how much you loved that cat. Maybe your mom will sympathize since Sara(h?) just died this past summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a possibility now, I still feel silly though :-/

    ReplyDelete